President Donald Trump is better equipped to handle the coronavirus than Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden, according to a new poll.
A newly-released national Zogby Poll shows 51 percent of all likely voters think Trump is more “mentally and physically” equipped than Biden (49 percent) to handle the coronavirus pandemic, key groups of swing voters solidly prefer Trump.
In a national survey, Zogby asked: “Who is better equipped mentally and physically to handle the coronavirus pandemic?”
Several groups of “important swing voters… all thought Trump was in better shape and had more acumen to head-off the coronavirus pandemic,” Zogby reports. Notably, both union members and urban men prefer Trump over Biden by more than ten percentage points.
Important swing voters:
- Union members (Trump 58%/Biden 42%),
- Urban men (Trump 55%/Biden 45%),
- Weekly Walmart shoppers (Trump 57%/Biden 43%),
- Weekly Amazon shoppers (Trump 60%/Biden 40%),
- NASCAR fans (Trump 70%/Biden 30%),
- Suburban men (Trump 56%/Biden 44%), and
- Rural voters (Trump 64%/Biden 36%)
“Some of the most vulnerable voters, such as those who lost a job recently, also favored Trump (Trump 65%/Biden 35%),” Zogby reports.
A majority of voters in three key generational groups preferred Trump over Biden to handle the pandemic:
- Millennials (Trump 52%/Biden 48%),
- Generation Xers (Trump 53%/Biden 47%) and
- Baby Boomers (Trump 53%/Biden 47%)
Continue Reading… Swing State Voters Pick Trump Over Biden To Handle Coronavirus