By: Brian Evans
On Sunday morning, the US Customs and Border Patrol in San Diego, California closed the San Ysidro port of entry going both northbound and southbound due to multiple planned demonstrations on the American and Mexican side of the border. Additional personnel and resources were also deployed to the port of entry to maintain order, and for good reason.
According to a previous report, Honduran migrants were planning to wait until their numbers reached 20,000, as more and more migrants arrived in Tijuana. Then, they planned enter the United States illegally en mass numbers.
As we reported on ENR, earlier this morning, what the Democrats have deemed a so-called peaceful migrant caravan launched their assault on the United States border, as hundreds of the migrants became violent and attacked the border patrol with rocks, as they broke through Mexican patrols, and rushed American border police positions. As a result, the United States military was called in and deployed helicopters at the San Ysidro port of entry on Sunday.
Hundreds of Honduran migrants pushed past Mexican riot police and rushed towards the US border Sunday. Then, in other areas of the border, several dozen migrants broke off from the main group who were rushing the American border, and began throwing rocks at the officers, as they tried to break through the wall.
Eventually the attackers were repelled by tear gas, as helicopters flew over, and officers on the ground threw canisters along the fence to protect Americans.
Meanwhile, the radically left-wing media outlets like ‘The Guardian’ tried to falsely claim that the migrant caravan was peacefully protesting, and made it sound as if the American border patrol attacked without provocation, despite evidence. Also, they posted pictures of a woman fleeing with her two barefoot children. However, the attackers were almost completely ‘working age’ men, not women and children, and now it has been revealed that the picture was staged, as various so-called migrants who were shown fleeing in the picture, were actually camera crew.
The defiant migrants violently threw rocks at border patrol agents and scattered after pepper balls and tear gas were deployed, as American officers used non-lethal methods like tear gas and loud high-pitched sound blasts to repel the attackers.
Finally, as a result of the attacks, the United States followed through with protective measures by shutting down the San Ysidro Port of Entry in San Diego.
Above, on the Mexican side of the border, Mexican officers quickly regained control, as they used their shields to line the entry port, as they held back continued attacks by the illegals.
Fox News reported that…
Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen said in a statement that some migrants “attempted to breach legacy fence infrastructure along the border and sought to harm CBP personnel by throwing projectiles at them.
“As I have continually stated, DHS will not tolerate this type of lawlessness and will not hesitate to shut down ports of entry for security and public safety reasons,” Nielsen said. “We will also seek to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law anyone who destroys federal property, endangers our frontline operators, or violates our nation’s sovereignty.”
The projectiles hit US border patrol agents; the extent of their injuries is unknown at this time.
Now, Mexico has announced that they are set to deport 500 migrants who became “violent”, and stormed the San Ysidro border. Reuters is now reporting that…
Mexico will deport about 500 migrants who on Sunday tried to “violently” and “illegally” cross the U.S. border, according to the Mexican Interior Ministry in a statement.
The statement added that Mexican authorities had contained the protest at the crossing between Tijuana and San Diego and that, despite heightened tensions there, Mexico would not send military forces to control 7,417 migrants from a caravan currently amassed at the U.S.-Mexico border.
If any new information becomes available, we will update…