As Americans comb through the massive 2,232-page ‘Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2018,’ it is likely to take some time. After all, this product of the swamp is 944 pages longer than the Gutenberg Bible, as Breitbart News reported. Although President Trump signed the omnibus bill, he described the 2,232-page bill as “ridiculous” but said he felt the need to sign it because of his duty to protect the country. He said,
“As a matter of national security, I’ve signed this omnibus budget bill,” “There are a lot of things I’m unhappy about in this bill. I say to Congress: I will never sign another bill like this again.”
The President complained that the bill was too long with too little time to read, but maybe he should have waited and let the government shut down until he finished doing just that…Reading it. After all, his new spending spree bill wreaks of Establishment and Elitist hand-outs, massive expenses that will be saddled on the back of our children, grandchildren, and future generations to come. This 2,232 page omnibus was largely crafted behind closed doors by a handful of Progressive-Socialist and Fabian-Rino Socialist Establishment Elitists, and was voted on almost immediately, providing an insufficient amount of time for a thorough debate and constructive amendment, and intentionally planned that way. Both Pelosi and Schumer looked at the new spending bill Thursday and said that they managed to block nearly all of President Trump’s immigration plans. Conservatives agreed, saying the bill betrayed the president’s border security promises. However, the bill does much, much more than that.
Therefore, what should American’s know about this massive Omnibus Spending Bill?
The bill blows the seams off of Congress’ spending limits/caps. In 2016, Congress already increased those caps under the Obama Administration to $130 billion. Now, they are proposing a $143 billion spending proposal that lines the pockets of individual Congressional and Senatorial districts and states. It constitutes a debt that will pave the way for the elimination of budget caps, not just in the short-term, but permanently. Ultimately, it will lead to surging debt, and skyrocketing interest payments on that debt. A mountain of interest that will accelerate past the costs of both Medicaid and the military combined.
2. Sanctuary Cities Remain Intact:
There is no defunding of so-called ‘sanctuary cities’! Congressional Progressive Democrats and Fabian-Rino Republican Elitists basically spit in the face of President Trump and the American people who voted for his ‘America First’ agenda. In fact, they have ignored sanctuary cities despite the fact that sanctuary cities are in direct violation of federal laws. They have ignored sanctuary cities despite the fact that their violation of the laws have cost American’s lives due to the increase in illegal drugs, MS-13 gangs, and criminal activity. Congressional Elitists have ignored sanctuary cities lawlessness, despite their encouragement for more and more illegals to enter the country, take American workers jobs, live off the taxpayer’s dime, and then protest that they should have more rights, on the backs of hard-working legal American citizens. Yes, Congressional impotence is abhorrent and astonishing! But, they did discuss Fabian Progressive socialist priorities in-depth! Again, ASTONISHING!
3. No Border Wall:
Congressional Fabian-Rino and Progressive Socialists gave zero dollars towards a border wall! In fact, it dosn’t allow for President Trump to implement the prototypes he just inspected in Southern California AT ALL! They tried to play Trump by using a tactic called bait and switch. They tried to accomplish this by giving the President $641 million for 33 miles of border fencing. One might think that this could be utilized for building his wall. However, it strictly prohibits the utilization of those funds for a border wall; therefore, leaving no money to build the wall at all. In fact, it ties the President’s hands even further, in that President, under the current ‘Secure Fence Act’, has the authority to construct any barrier made from any materials, but under this Omnibus bill, it changes that authority and ties his hands permanently! Interestingly, it does allot $540 million in seed money for the $30 billion Gateway Tunnel project through creative bill writing by Progressive-Democrat Socialists Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi.
4. Reduced Immigration Enforcement:
This monstrosity of a bill weakens immigration enforcement, which happens to be more important than a border wall, since the wall isn’t built, and since the closer to building a wall, the more illegals will be motivated to cross the border. Especially with the Progressive-Socialist Sanctuary Cities protecting them. President Trump had requested more ICE agents and detention facilities, but the Fabian/Progressive Establishment Elitists made sure to kill that request. Instead, they included funding for only an additional 328 Customs and Border Protection officers, and ICE will actually have to reduce the number of detention beds. Needless to say, this bill actually weakens immigration enforcement, rather than strengthening it.
5. The Omnibus plan will double the H-2B visas in the United States.
According to the Center for Immigration Studies, they reported:
“The new spending bill covering the remainder of the fiscal year includes a provision to again allow the Department of Homeland Security to exceed the annual cap on admissions of unskilled non-agricultural workers. This step, if fully implemented by USCIS, potentially would add as many as 63,000 additional H-2B guest workers next year, nearly doubling the size of this program. According to the latest statistics released by USCIS, the H-2B program already has been growing steadily, despite high rates of un- and under-employment for U.S. workers who could do these jobs.”
The H-2B program allows employers to hire temporary foreign workers to fill low-skill, non-agricultural positions. The law provides for an annual cap of 66,000 visas per year, with a few exceptions. The H-2B workers are intended to fill positions requiring little to no education or advanced skills. Typically the type of jobs that your typical high school, college student, or low income individuals could do during their summer break or for extra cash to survive.
The Center for Immigration Studies released this video on the H2-B program:
6. Full Funding For Planned Parenthood:
The Fabian/Progressive Socialist Establishment miraculously found a way to continue funding Planned Parenthood. An organization who has been fighting a bill that requires infants who are born alive, be allowed Emergency Medical Care! An organization who was caught on camera harvesting and selling baby parts for profit. An organization who has performed over 30 percent of America’s abortion. They kill 887 babies per day, at a rate of one abortion every 97 seconds. A sad set of statistics, but even more concerning, since our elected leadership has chosen to use American taxpayer’s hard-earned money to pay for such atrocities.
7. Drastic Expansion of ‘Gun Control’:
The Fabian/Progressive Establishment included wording that would implement ‘gun control’ policies. Those policies included:
8. Increased Taxpayer Money For Student Loans And Loan Forgiveness:The bill offers $350 million in additional student loan forgiveness, but amends those who may receive it to include only graduates who take “lower-paid” government jobs or work for select non-profits! It also increases Pell grants by $2 billion. Elizabeth Warren pushed for this inclusion, since more money results in future government workers, and more Progressive-Socialist educational indoctrination.
9. Opioid Crisis Funding:The massive omnibus bill also sinks more money into the so-called ‘opioid crisis funding’. It increases “opioid prevention and treatment” funding from $7 billion to $9.8 billion, but it does little to address the underlying problem. Medicaid expansion has exacerbated the problem, along with sanctuary cities and widespread poverty has only fed fuel to the fire. However, Congressional Establishment Elitists have chosen to ignore the problems, and simply sink billions into treating those already addicted and going after the medical profession.10. Tax Fix For Farmers:The bill fixes a mistake that was put into the tax bill last year. A mistake in language that gave farmers a higher tax advantage if they sold crops to cooperatives, but not if they sold their crops to non-cooperatives. However, Democrats refused to allow the fix, without giving more taxpayer dollars funnelled towards low-income housing tax credits.
11. Attack on Christian’s Free Speech Rights:This Fabian Progressive Establishment Elitist monstrosity also goes after Christian rights to ‘free speech’. It leaves out two provisions from the House plan that would have dismantled the Johnson Amendment (A 1954 tax law that prevents charitable, philanthropic, or religious organizations from voicing their opinions, for or against, any political candidate, or face the repercussion of the IRS. President Trump signed an executive order in May of 2017 designed to weakening the law, but it needs Congress to fully eliminate the Amendment.12. Million Dollar Pay Raises For Congress:The Senate increased its total salaries of officers and employees by $12.6 million, while the House of Representatives increased its budget to $1.2 billion, which is $10.9 million above 2017 levels. Salaries of staffers in the Senate are also set for an increase. Division I of the legislation breaks down the total salaries of officers and employees, which are being raised from $182 million in 2017 to $194.8 million in the final bill, an increase of $12.58 million. The Senate also increased its expense account, as expense allowances are going from $177,000 to $192,000, an increase of $15,000 per Senator. The House, however, kept its budget for salaries the same at $22.3 million and lowered expenses by $4.4 million. Committee offices got an increase of $22.9 million in salaries, from $181.5 million in 2017 to $204.4 million in the final bill.13. Military Funding:
- “Fix NICS” measure which would strengthen the background check system, and would provide additional funding to agencies and states that comply with the system. Those that did not, would be penalized.
- More than $2 billion was also allocated to train school officials and law enforcement officers to identify signs of potential violence so they would be able to intervene earlier. This money, to improve school safety, would also be used to install metal detectors.
- Funnels tens of millions of dollars to gun control organizations and support other Progressive-Socialist Democrat ‘gun control’ organizations.
- Adding the power of government, not doctors, to decide if Americans are legally competent to own guns. A power that has in other countries allowed the government to strategically confiscate guns without authority. A move that would violate the Constitution of the United States. Additionally, it risks the rights of 4.2 million senior citizens.
- Also of concern, because under President Obama’s Administration, he deemed individuals who are considered “financially incompetent” by the government, to be banned from owning firearms. About 4.2 million senior citizens 65 and over would fall into that category in all. And with Progressive policies, that number is surely to grow nationwide. Using the Congressional Review Act, Republicans and two Democrats passed a bill overturning the regulation. However, the bill went even further by preventing any future president from reinstituting the ban without new legislative authorization from Congress. Even more frightening, the spending bill passed Thursday allows the ban to be reinstituted because it reauthorizes the 2007 National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) Improvement Amendments Act. This act allowed government agencies, not just the courts, to determine if someone is mentally incompetent to buy or possess a gun.
- The bill provides $50 million for the STOP School Violence Act, which will provide schools with training in how to cope with attacks and how to identify violence-prone individuals. Furthermore, why should the NRA members or 2nd Amendment advocates be forced to fund the ‘anti-2nd Amendment’ policies, and that guns are evil, not specific individuals.
- Despite President Trump’s push to encourage schools to arm teachers and staff, the bill expressly forbids schools from using any federal money to do just that.
- The bill authorizes the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to do research on “gun violence,” despite the fact that they already have that authority. They were only banned in 1996 by Arkansas Republican Rep. Jay Dickey from allowing funds to be used by the CDC to promote ‘gun control’. Progressive-Democrat Senator Patty Murray (D-WA) has advocated for the CDC to not simply be able to do research, but advocate for ‘gun control’. A move that has widespread support of Progressives, Fabian-Rino’s, and anti-2nd Amendment advocates. Ultimately, in the end, it would free up tax dollars to openly push for an end to the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution.
- The bill also throws more funding at “school violence” programs when they refuse to repeal the gun-free zone laws that lie at the root of the problem.
This is where President Trump was trapped in a sign or pay situation. The bill was a huge windfall for the military, including nearly $700 billion for the military and $591 billion for non-defense funding. In all, the Navy gets 14 new ships, including a carrier; the Air Force adds 56 F-35s; the Army gets 17 Apache and 11 Lakota helicopters; the Marine Corps receives 24 vertical landing F-35Bs; and the Coast Guard gets a long-needed icebreaker. Also, the troops get funding for a 2.4 percent pay raise that took effect at the beginning of the year, with the possibility for more next year. The Air Force also gets $103 million for the wing replacement program on the A-10 Thunderbolt as a start in what Air Force Secretary Heather Wilson said earlier this week is a plan to keep the “Warthogs” flying at least to 2030. The $700 billion includes $65.2 billion in Overseas Contingency Operations, or “war budget” funding mostly for Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan. The Senate Defense Appropriations Committee said
“Overall, this is the biggest year-to-year increase in defense funding in 15 years — a $61 billion increase over FY2017 enacted levels.”
However, Rep. Mac Thornberry, R-Texas, chairman of the House Armed Services Committee said:
“it isn’t enough to completely reverse the shortfalls in readiness and modernization brought about by the budget restraints under the sequester process.”
Despite President Trump’s threat to veto this omnibus bill, he agreed to sign the Pelosi-Ryan bill which funds everything the Democrats asked for and more. As a result, Pelosi, Schumer and the DC swamp are celebrating tonight. President Trump was placed in a situation where he either signed this monstrosity or the Democrats and Fabian-Rino’s would make the military suffer, and in a time that America needs a strong military. Especially with North Korean talks approaching, Iran threatening America and Israel, China and Russia far outpacing America in military readiness, and all while the Democrats and Fabian-Rino’s fight to progress America lock-step with other One-World Socialist nations like in the European Union. The President called for a line item veto for all spending bills, but that request will be highly unlikely. Especially since he already signed this monstrocity. Ultimately, today will prove to be a pivotal moment for not only President Trump, but the Republican’s as well. America already knows the allegiances of Fabian-Rino Socialists like John McCain, Lindsey Graham, Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, Jeff Flake, and others. Now, we have an abhorrent bill that is a stain on the very fabric of our nation. A bill that not only saddles our children with unmanageable debt, but does nothing for the betterment of our Constitutional Republic. It seeks to bring down our 2nd Amendment right to bear arms, silence christian conservatives, increasingly fund the slaughter of future generations through Planned Parenthood’s abortion services, and fund Planned Parenthood’s harvesting and selling of baby parts for profit. It does pull funding from the Obamacare marketplace, but that is a mere morsel in the thousands of pages of socialist ruin.
Now, as Americans wonder how this will ultimately affect the fall elections, ‘America First’ supporters will likely feel misled and outraged. It would be of no surprise to Trump’s base that the Establishment Swamp filled with Progressive-Socialist Democrats would try to whittle away at the Constitution. It would not surprise them that the Fabian-Socialist Rino’s would go against the very promises that they have made to ‘We the People’. However, President Trump’s signature on such a monstrosity will not likely sit well with his base. It will likely feel like an act of betrayal by a man who they believed would fight to the bitter end to defend American’s and put their interests first. Ultimately, this bill legitimizes the One-World View that spreads like a cancer throughout Europe, and other parts of the world. In the eyes of Progressive-Socialists and Fabian-Rino’s this bill validates their idea that President Trump can be snookered and controlled by the Establishment Elitists. Ultimately, this bill could end the momentum that President Trump has going into the midterm elections. A consequence that one would hope not to be the case, because if Progressive-Socialist Democrats get control of Congress, everything that President Trump has done to ‘Make America Great Again’, would be undone. Ultimately, resulting in the Fabian/Progressive-Elitists being able to move America one step closer to a One-World Socialist cesspool, while the Establishment ‘Makes America the Same Again’.
Evans News Report: evansnewsreport.com, evansnewsreport.wordpress.com